The Place a Person tool is available to help ensure the best people are selected for a role and project. Bridgit Bench predicts the best person to fill a role based on past project experience.
Place a Person
- Select the requested project and scroll to the role that needs to be filled.
- Click on Place a person in the unfilled role to open the Place a Person window.
- From the Project Gantt view, the unfilled role appears as a blank segment.
- From the Project List view, the unfilled role appears under the Roles tab.
- Select the best person for a role. Use the search bar or apply additional filters if the required person doesn't appear.
- An Availability message appears if the person doesn't have full availability. Through this window, you can select how to proceed with allocation.
- Click Save to confirm.
Some people might have an orange circle beside their Time Availability, which indicates that a person does not have the required allocation % available for the role. People with no potential allocation availability conflicts are assigned a green circle.
The following video takes a closer look at the Place a Person modal. It demonstrates how you can search by name and you can also click the grey time availability bar to determine what project a person is already on.
When looking for a person to place on a project, you can filter your list by all useful people fields such as Region and Certifications. This can be done by clicking Add Filters.
The following video demonstrates filtering by a custom people field (in this example, "Willing to Travel"):
The following video demonstrates how to add, clear, and reset filters within the Place a Person modal: