The Place a Person tool is available to help ensure the best people are selected for a role and project. Bridgit Bench predicts the best person to fill a role based on past project experience.
Place a Person
- Select the requested project and scroll to the role that needs to be filled.
- Select Place a person in the unfilled role to open the Place a Person modal.
- From the Project Gantt view, the unfilled role appears as a blank segment.
- From the Project List view, the unfilled role appears under the Roles tab.
- Select the best person for a role. Use the search bar or apply additional filters if the required person doesn't appear.
- An Availability message appears if the person doesn't have full availability. Through this window, you can select how to proceed with allocation.
- Click Save to confirm.
Some people might have an orange circle beside their Time Availability, which indicates that a person does not have the required allocation % available for the role. People with no potential allocation availability conflicts are assigned a green circle.
Selecting the grey section of the time availability bar provides a window detailing the allocation for that segment.
When looking for a person to place on a project, filter your list by all useful people fields such as Region and Certifications by selecting Add Filters.
After selecting Add Filters, the modal will change and active filters can be added, edited or reset. Current active filter selections can be edited by selecting the drop-down bar. Select the button to remove any active filters.