Phases can be added when creating new projects, but they can also be modified afterward. This article provides steps for adding or deleting phases to existing projects as well as steps for modifying phase dates. Roles can also be added to a project using phase dates.
Add or Delete Phases on Existing Projects
With a project in context, you can add, edit or delete phases under the Dates tab by hovering along the row and selecting the icon to edit or the icon to remove a phase..
Phases can also be viewed under the Project Gantt by hovering your mouse pointer over the project bar.
Phases can be expanded in the Project Gantt view, by toggling ON the View Phases in the Gantt Settings Panel.
Edit Phase Dates
When modifying existing phase dates, select Save and an edit modal will open outlining all of the potential impacts:
Then decide how to handle changes to the project, phase, and role dates.
Phase Date Edited
- The impacted phase and tentative change will be presented at the top of the edit modal.
Project Date Changes
- Use the checkbox to determine how the project duration will be impacted.
- The other phases on the project can be shifted to align with the updated phase or left as is.
- Sub-phases are not displayed but can be impacted by the change to phases.
- Confirm which roles are impacted by the change.
- Roles can be left with the current dates or extended/shifted accordingly to align with the updates.