Phases are an optional feature in Bridgit Bench that helps outline different stages of a construction project. Phases can also be used if a job is paused while construction is underway. Bridgit Bench allows sub-phases under a parent phase.
Here are some general rules for phases:
- Phases are created by Administrators.
- Phases can be added to new or existing projects by Administrators or Full Contributors.
- An account can have up to 20 phases.
- A phase can have up to 20 sub-phases.
Roles can also be created using phase dates.
Table of Contents:
Note: If an account has existing custom project fields that have a field title with “Start” or “End” appended, phases can't be created with duplicate titles. For example, if a custom project field exists with a field title of “Construction Start” or “Construction End”, then an admin cannot add a phase titled “Construction” to the account. This rule is in place to avoid potential confusion caused by duplicate project-related columns under List views.
- Open Account Settings by clicking Settings on the main navigation bar.
- Click Projects the secondary navigation bar.
- Click the Phases tab.
- Click the + icon to add a phase, which opens a new draft phase.
- Enter a Title.
- Phases can be automatically added to new projects by checking the checkbox for Automatically add phase to new projects.
- Click Save Phase to create or Cancel to withdraw.
- Once the phase is created, the ordering can be adjusted accordingly.
- While in Settings > Phases, select the required phase.
- Click + Add sub-phase, which opens a draft sub-phase.
- Enter a Title.
- Click Save Sub-Phase to create or Cancel to withdraw.
- Once the sub-phase is created, the ordering can be adjusted accordingly.
Delete Phases or Sub-Phases
- While in Settings > Phases, select the phase to delete.
- An additional selection has to be made if you are deleting a sub-phase.
- Click Delete Phase or Delete Sub-Phase depending on your action.
- A confirmation message appears if a phase is associated with a project.
- No confirmation message appears if the phase is not associated with a project.