Bridgit Bench now supports workforce planning for preconstruction teams. The Precon feature helps streamline teams and increases transparency within your workforce.
This article provides an overview of the Precon feature. See Managing Precon for steps on how to use the feature.
Why Precon in Bridgit Bench
This feature is designed to address the specific requirements of preconstruction teams:
- Precon teams handle brief and concurrent assignments, which are much smaller than project assignments
- Preconstruction roles typically have a smaller allocation percentage
- Since preconstruction work is necessary for all pursuits, the precon team ends up working on a greater number of projects because not all pursuits are won
Table of Contents
Users must have the View-All-Salaried permission to see precon tasks, roles, and allocations, including the project details Precon tab. Hourly people cannot be assigned to precon roles - all precon planning is specific to Salaried roles & allocations.
- Tasks → Users with Manage-Projects, Manage-Roles, and Manage-Allocations permissions can create, update & delete precon tasks
- Roles → Users with Manage-Roles permission can add roles to tasks and update/delete them
- Allocations → Users with Manage-Allocations permissions can allocate people to roles on precon tasks and delete those allocations
See User Roles and Permission Groups for more information on available permission groups.
Precon on Pursuit Projects
There are key differences between Precon assignments and Operations allocations on your pursuit projects. Precon assignments are considered "real" and will impact team member utilization rates, idle time, and Bench Costs, and will display in their project history.
In contrast, Ops allocations on Pursuits do not impact a team member's utilization rates, idle time, or Bench Cost, and will not affect project history until the project is moved from pursuit to awarded.
To learn more about Pursuits, see Pursuit Tracking Overview.
"Project Breakdown" includes Precon roles in the role counts for projects in Active, Upcoming, or Pursuit status, offering a holistic view of roles on each project.
Check out Exploring the Dashboard for all available features under the Dashboard section.
Precon roles are included in the monthly counts for Project Demand in "Supply and Demand".
- For an accurate forecast of supply vs. demand, filter for only Precon role names and titles, with pursuits displayed.
When viewing the Utilization graph, select the Awarded + Pursuit option, and all Precon allocations will be included in people’s overall utilization over time.
See Supply & Demand for additional information on Project Demand and Scenario Planning.
Unfilled Precon roles are displayed in "Roles" so preconstruction teams can get a summary of their needs across all projects.
- People can be dragged & dropped from the Available People List onto unfilled precon roles for quick & smooth allocations
See Roles to learn more about this feature.